Sunday, June 05, 2005

Proudly Present : My PCG

PCG is Pastoral Care Group.
It's something like KTB in my church.

Each people in my church is located to a PCG so that we can get support, pray for each other, discuss sermon, etc etc.

In my church I join 'Grace' hihi yeah my PCG name is Grace. Most of the members are the choir members.
choir
We meet every Friday twice a month, and I skipped a lot of them (unless it's my turn to prepare worship) ^_^ like last Friday.

Last Friday we went to NUH for hospital visitation. We visited 2 persons.
1.Mr Teo. He was our PCG member. He got stroke, and has been hospitalised for quite some time. One time he has gone back home for only 3 hours then brought back to hospital because the condition has worsen. He has twin son.. I only saw one of them. They are the one who asked for prayer support. Mr Teo family is the kind of family which realy believe that prayer changes thing.
We prayed and sang his favorite song, 'Amazing Grace'. Good thing that we remembered the words. Mr Teo seems to enjoy the song :).

2.Joyce's brother has been hospitalised for 2 1/2 month because of masses strokes. Joyce is our PCG member.

Visiting them makes me realise that life is so fragile and I really thank God for my health.

After coming back from NUH, we did a short worship, thanksgiving and supper.
Hihihi we usually only spent less than 50% on bible study, most of the time are spent for chatting and having supper.
We had green bean, pastry, chee kuey(I don't know how to spell it), etc for supper.

I am the second youngest in my PCG. Sometimes I feel that they treat me like small kid :).
Anyway, it's very interesting to exchange mind with older people. You will get a whole lot information about
1. Natural medicines.
Now I know that celery, starfruit and bittergourd is good for hypertension.
2.How to become old but still graceful hehehe :).
3.Experiences that can't be found somewhere else..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home