Thursday, July 14, 2005

You've Got To Find What You Love

"If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?" And whenever the answer has been "No" for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something.

Some people really hate their jobs, wondering everyday whether they should quit, whether they should try other fields and so on and so on...

I know that feeling because I have been there too.
The time when I woke up in the morning and didn't feel like getting up :S.
Feeling trapped at work and wanted the day to end as soon as possible.

For those people out there who hate their jobs... and think about changing fields..
Hehhe don't give up !!!!
Keep trying.. till you find what you want and proud of it.

And for those who like your jobs and enjoy every moment of it, be thankful to God.. ^_^ you are a few of the luckiest person in the world.

Recently I read the speech of Steve Jobs during commencement of Stanford University delivered on 14 June 2005.

I used to had a 'not so good impression' about Steve Jobs, especially after watching Pirate of Silicon Valley a few years back in Indonesia.

But reading this speech has slightly changed my perception about him ^_^.
And I think it's one of the interesting speeches I've ever read.

This is a byte of his speech:
You've got to find what you love. And that is as true for your work as it is for your lovers. Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. So keep looking until you find it. Don't settle.

For those who doesn't know Steve Jobs, he is the CEO of Apple Computer and Pixar Animation Studios. The smart guy behind Macintosh, iPod and many animation movies such as The Incredibles and Finding Nemo.
Apple-logo pixar
Click here to see the full text of commencement.

5 Comments:

  • so do you hate your jobs? keep looking until you find the one that you like... jia you :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:46 PM  

  • Asen: Hehe thanks...
    Gw yach..
    Honestly I don't hate my job..
    BUT if I was given a chance to try other fields, I will go for it.. :)
    Hehehe I am in the way of finding the one that I like..

    By Blogger Agustina Sadikin, at 4:24 PM  

  • Ehehehe ... I am not sure if I can find a job I like. The job I like is the job that allow me to sleep anytime I like :P

    By Blogger Yim Lai, at 10:53 AM  

  • yimmy : hahaha... you don't seem to be the kind of person who like to sleep. Even on weekend you still wake up very early :).

    By Blogger Agustina Sadikin, at 11:17 AM  

  • Ahahaha ... I wake up early only on weekend and that is bcos i feel fresher when I dun need to go to work :P. I love evening sleep so much. I am feeling sleepy now zzzzZZZZZZZ .....

    By Blogger Yim Lai, at 10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home