Friday, February 11, 2005

CNY Holiday

Happy Chinese New Year all...

Finally my Chinese New Year holiday is over.
Chinese New Year falls on 9-10 February 2005. This year is the year of rooster.
In Singapore most companies have at least 2 1/2 days break for Chinese New Year.
Some of my friends even have extended holiday until the following week.

Here is how I spent my Chinese New Year holiday.
8 Feb 2005
I still need to work in office for half day.
At 7.30 pm I went to my church friend's house at Barker Road.
The house is very big. I am surprised. Three storey house with 9 bedrooms and 9 attached bathrooms. With gardens and parking lot.
What a surprise to find this kind of house in Singapore.
Before I joined the choir at Aldersgate I tend to have a perception that Singaporean are not friendly.
Actually some of them are very friendly indeed.
My church friend who invited me are hmm quite an old couple. They had 1 son and 1 daughter. The wife join the choir as well(that's how I know her). And the husband is one of the leaders at church. Last time he got cancer and still in process of recovery (But he looks OK to me.. I mean no sign of sickness at all, only has a little bold hair. That's all). They take me as their god daughter hehehe...
We had steam boat and yu sheng.
Having dinner with them remind me of my own family back home.
During chinese new year we usually had family dinner at my grandma house. Unfortunatelly, now almost 1/2 of my cousins are not in Indonesia anymore. Some in Singapore, Aussie, and Portland. Really miss the good old days.. But we still keep in touch through emails, blogs, MSN etc etc.
Anyway during the dinner, I made a lot of new friends.
After dinner, we play cards taiqi... and play with the dog. Yeah they have a very cute dog named Brownie. Very cute, spoilt and being pampered so much... ckckck..
I went back quite late. I reached home around 12.30 am , take a bath and then have a good rest.

9 Feb 2005
I had KFC for lunch hehehe... Only fast food were opened in West Mall. The rest of the shops were closed. At night I went to Great World City to watch movie with Emmy,Ruby, Cimit and Dewe. We plan to watch Constantin at 9.40.
End up, only the front seat are available. So we took the 12.40 am ticket. Gee... watch Constantine at midnight hehehhe.
Well the movie is end up very wierd.. I really don't know what's the meaning of the story... it's about heaven and hell mixed together :S.. I have no idea what is it about. Not only me.. the rest also don't understand as well.. So the problem doesn't lies with me but with the movie hehehe.
Even tough the movie is bad, we had a great time.
It's been quite sometime that I haven't had chance to go out with them.
I spent the night at Emmy's place in Tiong Bahru.

10 Feb 2005
I only sleep for a few hours. I wake up around 9 am. Everybody were still sleeping except Ruby(Emmy's sister).
Had a slice of bread as breakfast, changed and then we went to my place for lunch.
We cooked spaghetti with lamb minced meat. Not bad at all. After lunch, Cimit and Dewe went back home. I joined them for dinner at around 6.30 in Bukit Panjang.
And then chat chat chat. After dinner went to Cimit's place in Cashew Heights. Tour around the house, watch American Idol, and then chat again.

I took the last bus home. Very sleepy during the way back home. And ..................
I miss the bus stop :S... Gee.. end up I stop near the interchange and have to walk again for about 15 minutes... So stupid of me.

Reaching home around 12.30. Ravindi has slept. I took a bath and went to bed.

And today. Here I am at office..
Heheheh a very long story indeed.
Look forward to next holiday... heheh :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home