Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Be Thankful That Thorns Have Roses

Yesterday was just like normal Tuesday.
I went to Disciple Class at my church.
The class is getting smaller and smaller each week.. hehehe..
This week a lot of people can't come because of flu...

Going to this class not only help me to learn about bible actually. It teaches me more things than I expected.

In the class, we have 2 facilitators (some kind of teacher who will provide all the materials, video, transparencies,etc).
Well, I will just mentioned one of them.

His name is Mike. He became Christian around 10 years ago. Last time he got nose cancer. Now there is some blocking on his veins. He mentioned that in normal case there are 4 veins supplying blood to the brain. But in his case, 3 are blocked and 1 is functioning perfectly.

Gosh.. I was thinking... 3 are blocked and 1 is working... that's terrible.

But instead of complaining about the 3 which is blocked, he give thanks that one is still working perfectly. He can still do and act like normal people. It's just that he must not stress out himself.

Well, a lot of times in my life, instead of be thankful for a few good things, I chose to complain about small matters.
I guess this is a good lesson for me.

Don't complain that roses have thorns, instead be thankful that thorns have roses.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home