Monday, February 05, 2007

Eat on Weekends..

I have been eating out this whole weekend..

Starting from Friday night...
I and my Cell Group friends were having makan trail.

We went to three places:
1st place: Zion Road hawker center (opposite of Great World City).
I queue for 5 plates of Char Kuo Tiao for all of us.. We reached there early, therefore the queue was still short. When we leaved the place at around 9 pm, the queue was very very long.
It seem Singaporean has this thinking : Long queue=good food. (Which I don't believe it).
I also had Rujak, etc.

2nd place: We walk over to Tong Sui shop. It has all sorts of chinese deserts and food. Over 300 varieties! They even have toast box type peanut butter toast. I tried mango dessert, yin and yang sesame paste, etc. Basically we ordered desert, then shared it with the rest. Yummy.


3rd place: Max Brenner Chocolate Bar at Esplanade. My friend said,"If you love chocolate, die-die must try this place, at least once. " Well, I am not a chocolate lover, and when I reached there I already feel very full. Therefore I didn't ordered anything. But I tried Sakao (Chocolate melted and then mixed with milk), waffle with ice cream and truffle.

What a sumptuous meal.

On Saturday,
We had a farewell party for Ravindi at New York New York for lunch.. and I had the 1/2 chicken meal.. Oh gosh.. I had a hard time trying to finish it. The food is ok,, but the portion is too big for me.
In the evening, I went to Winarto's condo for his farewell party.. His mum cooked gado-gado and Opor.. (Very delicious). We also had tons of cakes, bbq chicken, satay, wine, salads, fruits.
I contributed fruit salad.. hehe thanks to my colleague who teach me how to create such an interesting and healthy salad.

On Sunday..
I went to my CG(Cell Group) friend's house for dinner. He cooked Malay style.. which is very very good.. haha.. I don't expect him to cook so much food for us. Basically we had nasi pandan, fried chicken, tortilla soups(his speciality), peanuts and ikan bilis, salad and satay..
After dinner, we played Taboo. It is a card games. We are divided into 2 teams.. We are supposed to described the word written in the card. But we must not use some words(taboo). Eg. You have to describe Australia, but you can't use word : Kangaroo, Koala, Continents, Gold Coast, Perth. Well, the result is : Draw..

What a weekend..
I better watch on what I eat in the next few weeks..

Have a nice day....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home